Gymea Medical Practice is an established family medical practice which aims to deliver high quality medical care to all members of the community. Our goal is to provide comprehensive, patient-focused medical care, while also promoting preventative health care and healthy living.
Gymea Medical Practice has been approved as a COVID-19 vaccination centre. At this stage however, we have few details on the process for this. If you would like more information on your eligibility, please click this link: https://covid-vaccine.healthdirect.gov.au/eligibility
In order to ensure that you can have a vaccine when it is available, please also follow these links:
We will have flu vaccinations towards the end of April. Please contact the surgery by phone for further details.
Gymea Medical Practice is following advice from the Australian Public Health and ask that anyone who is experiencing respiratory symptoms of sore throat, cough, difficulty breathing and has been in contact with anyone diagnosed with the novel Coronavirus or visited any of the current hotspots within the last 14 days do the following:
- Immediately isolate and contact your GP, Emergency Department or Health Direct helpline on 1800022222 for advice.
- If attending any medical facilities, including hospitals, pathology or general practices please phone ahead so that appropriate infection control measures can be put in place.
- For the most up to date information, visit the Australian Government Department of Health homepage, http://www.health.nsw.gov.au or call the Public Health Info line on 1800 004 599.
- People who have been to any of the current hotspots or had contact with any confirmed case MUST be isolated at home for 14 days from the last contact.
Gymea Medical Practice is:
- an accredited teaching practice for medical students and GP registrars
- a training practice for student nurses of The University of Sydney